What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exp Aircraft is now an official "Air Agency" Yee ha!

Walt

Well Known Member
It only took a year and untold man hours of manual writing, haggling, revisions etc. with the FAA to get this done.

A personal milestone for me both personally and professionally.

Bring on your transponders and altimeters, we will get them done :D

Repair%20Station%20Certificate1.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations Walt!! I know it's been a very long and difficult road for you, espeically since you've had to educate your Fed;s (we routinely and continually do the same). :)

I'm happy to call you a colleague!

Cheers,
Stein

Last edited:
Congratulations Walt, I know you worked hard to get it.

Last edited:
I knew you could do it.

Congratulations Walt. I know (more than most) what you had to go through.

Having dealt with the FAA for the past 25 years, I can understand the toils required to get that certificate! Congratulations, Walt!

Way to go !!!

I got the news this mornings from Jo .... like the others have said this is a tribute to your persistence.

Having dealt first hand with the Feds for certification of a new 121 carrier including 180 minute etops I can appreciate your pain and effort. Oh the stories I could tell when dealing with the Feds.

Way to go Walt!

Congratulations! From my previous experience in dealing with the FAA, I certainly know the elation you feel!!
Tom

Congrats!

This sounds like a major accomplishment (anything having to do with the FAA is!). For the uneducated, can someone explain the signifcance of being designated an Air Agency?

Thanx!

An "Air Agency" is the official FAA term for a "Certified Repair Station". The CRS has specific rights and privileges for the repair, testing and maintenance of aircraft and/or components, in my case repair and testing of radio, instruments and airframes ie: altimeters, transponders, altitude encoders and airframe pitot-static systems.

Last edited:
Walt Repaired and Certified me!!

Walt repaired my transponder and certified it. I flew my C182 over to 52F from GPM for a check. Little did I know it had a minor hiccup.... at least for Walt. He has awesome equipment and is experienced enough to quickly work the issue and repair it. The certification went well after that. He was willing to come to GPM, but it is easier to work a "hiccup" at his place.

Thanks Walt!!

Last edited:
Back