What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New RV-7A builders in Texas

wacarlton

Howdy y'all!

I've been lurking around here for a few months and thought it was probably time to introduce myself. My son, Dan, and I started building on June 1 with the grand hope of flying before he has to leave for college next year. Yeah -- it sounds crazy, but that's our goal... So far we have been having a blast and learning a lot.

VAF is such a great resource and hosts an amazing group of people. I'm so proud to be part of the group. Thanks to everyone who is willing to help others when they are stuck or have a question.

Also, I wanted to say a special thanks to Doug for putting together and fostering such a wonderful online community. I'd love to buy you breakfast or lunch at the Blue Hangar sometime! I currently own a Super Viking and hangar at 52F. Perhaps we can swap rides one day when the wx gets cooler.

Blue skies,
will (& dan)
------
RV-7A
Empennage - 90% done
http://www.thecarltons.us/rv7

WELCOME ABOARD

Hi Will and Dan

Just wanted to say welcome aboard and good luck with your build.

Tip: don't spend too much time researching VAF as is can become addicting and can take way from building time (ask me how I know) Besides you live in one of the best RV builders areas in the world. Free advice is everywhere (well almost free, you might have to furnish an adult beverage once in a while ;)

Just keep pounding them rivets.

Hi Gary,
Thanks. This is a great community and you are right - there are a lot of RVs in the area. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group. I just wish it wasn't so hot right now. Makes it kinda hard to get much flying done when the temp at 7am is already 86 degrees! I'm glad we spent the time to air condition part of the shop.

Welocme aboard

NOW,

Pound those rivets.

Call if you need advise.

Boomer

Back