What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Xponder/static/altimeter check $ ?

Brantel

Well Known Member
What are folks paying for biennial transponder/static/altimeter checks for Mode-S & glass cockpits?

Are you being charged extra for multiple ADAHRS and or multiple altimeter displays (multiple screens)?

Last edited:
Biannual checks (twice a year) not required. Biennial check (every other year) runs me about $350.

I usually charge $320 for single altimeter and $350 for dual ADAHRS, G5 and xpdr.
If I have to chase static leaks thats on an hourly rate :eek:
This would include a calibration of the ADAHRS and G5 if needed.
(note: ADAHRS calibration requires a high accuracy test box that many repair stations do not have)

Also make sure that your tester follow this warning to avoid sensor damage,

CAUTION
To avoid damaging the ADAHRS pressure sensors, the pitot, AOA (for GSU 25),
and static ports must be connected to the test set.

Last edited:
My guy says to expect two to four hours when we fly a plane in for an IFR check, allows for a little bit of troubleshooting. $300 flat fee no matter the configuration, $100/hr shop rate to fix bigger issues.

$400 here at KHAO - Cincinnati area. It takes about an hour for G3X touch, G5, GTX45R with no issues, a little longer it there are leaks or other problems, but the price will usually not change.

Time

I plan on around 3-4 hours if no major problems are encountered.

Only a little off topic - I asked because I was considering a cross country out to see you to get said check and a prop balance. Trying to figure out the timing and logistics. About 4 hrs one way from North Alabama.

$400 here at KHAO - Cincinnati area. It takes about an hour for G3X touch, G5, GTX45R with no issues, a little longer it there are leaks or other problems, but the price will usually not change.

Wow, it takes me at least 30 min to get set up and then a 20-30 min warmup period (that's after you get external power hooked up) before I even get started.
Guess I'm just getting really slow in my old age :rolleyes:

I just had the IFR done on the 10 and transponder check on the Highlander. A little over an hour for both. The majority of time was on the 10 (dual AHARS and G5). The same guy did it 2 years ago so knew the routine on the Dynon equipment. He said the biggest issue is chasing down leaks in the system. I did not have any so it was pretty quick.

Gary

Back