What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X trim comand

TomSpencer46

My GSA28 auto pilot pitch servo failed Garmin replaced it under warranty. The replacement works fine. The problem is it does not run the trim. I get a trim up or trim down command on the screen. As though I have manual trim it my RV-10.
In setup the motor trim is enabled and no GSA28 trim servos are enabled. The trim is wired through the GSA28 and the stick control works fine and in configuration the test function works fine. So the G3X can run the trim but in auto pilot mode it can not. Garmin has not gotten back to me on this. Any suggestions?

Tom Spencer

Auto Trim

My GSA28 auto pilot pitch servo failed Garmin replaced it under warranty. The replacement works fine. The problem is it does not run the trim. I get a trim up or trim down command on the screen. As though I have manual trim it my RV-10.
In setup the motor trim is enabled and no GSA28 trim servos are enabled. The trim is wired through the GSA28 and the stick control works fine and in configuration the test function works fine. So the G3X can run the trim but in auto pilot mode it can not. Garmin has not gotten back to me on this. Any suggestions?

Tom Spencer

Tom,

Auto Trim is disabled on the ground so a Trim up or Trim down indication would not be unusual to see if you are in the hangar. If you suspect there is an issue in flight, please send us a datalog of one of your test flights and we can take a look at it to see what the problem is.

Thanks,

Justin

Back