What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Level Sender

penguin

Well Known Member
I need to replace my fuel level senders, but I cannot find the senders on the Van's website. Can anyone send a link?

Are the Stewart-Warner type senders available elsewhere?

Thanks, Pete
(Feeling a little stupid as they must be listed on the Webstore somewhere, but I can't find them).

Last edited:
I just bought a set from Vans. I am away, but if you are willing to wait a week I can get you the Stewart-Warner part numbers when I get back home.

I need to replace my fuel level senders, but I cannot find the senders on the Van's website. Can anyone send a link?

Are the Stewart-Warner type senders available elsewhere?

Thanks, Pete
(Feeling a little stupid as they must be listed on the Webstore somewhere, but I can't find them).

I did a quick internet search, did not find them elsewhere cheaper. Felt good to support the mothership, they’re not gouging us on these

Peter

I would buy them from Cies Inc. better quality.

The promised accuracy was definitely appealing. However, numerous attempts to contact them for more information were met with crickets chirping... :(

I was interested in how they worked, but there's a dearth of technical information on these, aside from the original Patent (USPTO 6508119). I think there's an RV-10 with these, but it's not clear how many per tank are required, what the calibration/configuration of the arm might be for a RV tank...

Ah well...

The promised accuracy was definitely appealing. However, numerous attempts to contact them for more information were met with crickets chirping... :(

I was interested in how they worked, but there's a dearth of technical information on these, aside from the original Patent (USPTO 6508119). I think there's an RV-10 with these, but it's not clear how many per tank are required, what the calibration/configuration of the arm might be for a RV tank...

Ah well...

I don't get here often - sorry to hear that - we were changing over phones in that time frame - or we were battling Covid - this seems reasonable to expect. - but we have text on the webpage and email - we see all of them - phones not so much. The principle is simple - the internal AMR sensor reads a magnetic field direction established by two opposed magnets. Magnets are in the fuel and the sensor is in the aluminum body - this was done to meet a FAA requirement to keep wiring and electricity out of the fuel volume. The sensor is utilized in many other safety systems and is extremely reliable - which is why we have a lifetime warranty. SO basically it is a solid state compass where the float is North - and north changes with fuel volume. We do have a micro onboard to sort out a few things and allow combining sensors in multiple applications

Back