What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Static ports for AOA?

GEM930

Well Known Member
Friend
Has anyone used Vans standard pop rivet static ports as the high and low pressure ports for an AOA indicator? My MGL Voyager is set up for AOA and I ran lines to the wing, but I?m trying to find the easiest solution for the ports.

Any help or experience would be appreciated!!

Gregg

AOA

Search for this in the archives, there was quite an entertaining thread concerning the use of the standard pop rivet driving a Dynon AOA system... very effectively.

I have installed one of the BLF rivets on my 10 wing for AOA. However, it is the Garmin/Dynon style that only gets one input with variable exposure (angle of entrance to port limits or restriction to airflow based upon the angle to the relative wind) to the relative wind based upon wing angle of attack. This has worked so well on the 12 that Van's has a bulletin and kit for setting it up.

I will report results in the Spring once flying.

Not sure if this would work with the two static ports stlye of AOA. I am guessing it would as flat static ports don't seem to be too different from the BLF style from what I have read. Also, the concept is differential, so as long as both are the same it shouldn't matter.

Larry

Last edited:
Back