What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno FBOs?

rjbob

Well Known Member
I'm arriving Reno tomorrow (Nov 17th) to visit my daughter. I am on my way to the Phoenix area to park my RV-7 for the winter (Alaska is COLD).

Looking online, I'm not seeing a whole lot of choices for FBOs at Reno Int'l. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Try CXP Carson City

I stayed there for air races a few years ago and they were good. I think the fbo was El Aero. Nice field, lots of paved parking and a short drive on good interstate to the Reno area.

I think you can get a Hertz rental auto through El Aero. Check the Hertz web site for Carson City, and select the El Reno location.

Self service fuel on the north side of the Carson City airport at about mid-field is usually cheaper.

El Aero is located on the far northwest corner of the airport. Disregard the sign on the building on the south side of the airport! It's no longer El Aero.

One of the local Reno-ites will be along momentarily to set me straight!!
:p

Bob,

Depending on your needs, stop at Reno-Stead (RTS) just north of town. There is fuel (much cheaper than Reno Intl, but not as cheap as Carson City (CXP $4.99) or Yerington (O43 $4.79) a few miles south). If you need a ride somewhere or a car, I can possibly arrange, depending on timing. PM me or give a ring (7A75-76G2-7N55M0 ignore the letters). Lots of tiedown space and we can arrange a preheat if needed.

Greg

Stop are Reno International if you have a lot of money to spare.
Stop at one of the smaller airports if you want to stay affordable.

Take Greg up on his offer at Stead. If your destination is close to the south end of town, Carson is about a 25 minute drive down the new freeway, and it is an easy option with tons of tie-down ramp space and cheap fuel.

Back