What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Issues with rvbits store

bikes_and_planes

I placed an order on RVBits's "International webstore" on 11-Sept, and the order is still listed as "Pending" on the RVBits website. I have tried multiple times to get in contact with the owner via the "Contact Us" section to figure out what's going on. My credit card was charged over a month ago and I have heard nothing.

The only reason I haven't claimed this as fraud yet is because it seems like other people have had success in actually ordering and receiving products from rvbits. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I just checked their website and it seems there are no products available in any of the 3 categories.

I'm assuming you've tried calling them?
Contact Details: Mobile: +27-83 279 6572

I would strongly suggest contacting your credit/debit card provider and disputing the charges asap. There is a time limit.

Depending on what you're looking for, Cleaveland Tools stocks quite a few parts (at least they did) and stock them too.

Postal Strike

They are experiencing a postal strike in South Africa and he is unable to ship unless you want to pay over a hundred dollars for FedEx. I have also been frustrated because the same thing happened to me and he never informed me. I had to send some emails inquiring about shipping and he finally responded. Then about a month ago I got a shipping notice that my stuff had been shipped, I inquired again last week and he said nothing has been shipped and he has no estimated time.

Hope this helps.

That is too bad to hear. I was getting ready to order some intersection fairings from them. They have no control over the postal strike, but the customers shouldn't have to prod to find out what is going on. I think I will look for other options myself.

That is too bad to hear. I was getting ready to order some intersection fairings from them. They have no control over the postal strike, but the customers shouldn't have to prod to find out what is going on. I think I will look for other options myself.

Like I mentioned previously, give Cleaveland Tools a call. I bought two sets of rvbits fairings from them. They usually have them in stock too.

Bob

Like I mentioned previously, give Cleaveland Tools a call. I bought two sets of rvbits fairings from them. They usually have them in stock too.

Bob

I can confirm this - - I bought my intersection fairings (made by RV Bits) from Cleaveland Tools. No international shipping in the USA!! Same price too.

heard from RV Bits yesterday

after I asked if he was still making fairings and this is what he said:

"Yes we are still making them, but we have a postal strike at the moment and I cannot ship parcels for the last 10 weeks. So I have closed the webstore until things get moving again.

Hopefully we will be back to normal in a week or two,

Best regards,

Chris Adrian
RV Bits
South Africa"

also, Cleaveland's web store shows the fairings out of stock, at least what I was looking at.

Received my order today

All,
I received my order today that placed on 13 Aug 14 so the postal strike over there must have been resolved.

Wish I had seen this post before ordering mine. Ordered on 3/16/15 with no shipment and no contact response.

I was able to speak with someone on the phone who said they are still producing and shipping. Problem is not knowing whether they are coming next week or next fall. I am debating to dispute the CC and order them elsewhere. Never did a CC dispute so not sure how much of a headache that's going to be.

I was able to speak with someone on the phone who said they are still producing and shipping. Problem is not knowing whether they are coming next week or next fall. I am debating to dispute the CC and order them elsewhere. Never did a CC dispute so not sure how much of a headache that's going to be.

It's pretty easy. Just cancel your order (or attempt to) then on the back of your credit card statement you'll find an address to send snailmail to the credit card company. Also send snailmail, and tell them you haven't been able to get the product. Stress that you've already contacted the merchant.

The charge would be reversed in a month or two.

For those looking to buy RVBits Fairings. I ordered a RV-6A set through Cleveland Tool recently. Their website said it was out of stock, so I was prepared for a wait. They arrived in about a week.

I think it is cheaper to order from them as well. Same parts cost, lower shipping.

It's pretty easy. Just cancel your order (or attempt to) then on the back of your credit card statement you'll find an address to send snailmail to the credit card company. Also send snailmail, and tell them you haven't been able to get the product. Stress that you've already contacted the merchant.

The charge would be reversed in a month or two.

There is no need to send them any mail. One quick call usually does the job. The better cards will refund you immidiately and open an investigation. If they find in your favor the refund stands. If not, they will charge it back to your card. I have had to do this a number of times due to general fraud (not bad vendors). I have never had to mail anything to the card company.

I received an email today that my fairings are complete and should be shipped today. So I will stick with this path.

I need to order some fairings. How are they quality of the rvbits fairings?

-Dan

The ones I received are excellent, but they are not installed. I bought them through Cleaveland Tools in Boone. I call, ordered, and got them rather quickly. Same price, only shipped from Iowa.

I need to order some fairings. How are they quality of the rvbits fairings?

-Dan

Mine fit perfect, with a little trimming. I would use them again.

Sorry, I can't find a closer photo at the moment but if you have a Van's 2015 calendar, she's Miss March :D

1zzmkna.jpg

Last edited:
Back