What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interesting video

I'm surprised to see that Dynon is doing their boards in house. I really expected most of the hardware to be offshored.

Very cool. Looks like a fun company to work for.

Cool video! Dynon is a great company and it was neat to see some inside the factory shots. (Nice place! Spotless too!) It looks like they give their equipment a pretty good shake down test.

Love the Reno footage!

10 turn spins with 3 of your friends? :eek: Not that there's anything wrong with that wherever they are. Or here for that matter with chutes.

You're building an airplane in your garage? :eek::eek:

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
10 turn spins with 3 of your friends? :eek: Not that there's anything wrong with that wherever they are. Or here for that matter with chutes.

The spin footage came from a promotional video for the Pipestrel Panthera that they posted this past summer. They were trying to show how safe, stable and recoverable the aircraft was in spins, even with all the seats filled. Here's the original video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3bgOTsILw

Dynon Smoke Test

Bob

The look on your face when you turned the power ''ON'' and there were no smoke is priceless..

I probably looked the same when I did mine..

Thanks for the video.

Bruno

Wow !

Cool video! Great to see the RV world well represented, too!
Thanks for sharing, Bob.
Makes me proud to be a Dynon dealer! :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised to see that Dynon is doing their boards in house. I really expected most of the hardware to be offshored.

Vertical integration has many benefits which make the investment worth it for us, including:
  • Keeping jobs & dollars here in the state/country
  • Better control over our quality
  • Faster prototyping of new designs
Very cool. Looks like a fun company to work for.

Having worked here for over a decade, I can attest to that. Between the products, the flying, and the people, it's hard to pick the best part! If anyone is interested in joining us, we have full-time positions open for an Engineer/PM and a Quality Manager.
http://dynonavionics.com/docs/company_employment.html

Paul Dunscomb
VP of Engineering
Dynon Avionics

They're the vegetable starch ones, for what it's worth. They're water soluble and eco-friendly but get a F for flavor. Agreed that they can be "a handful" when you're digging for your products. We're actually looking into other approaches here.

Michael Schofield
Marketing Manager
Dynon Avionics

Back