What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno or Stead ?

704CH

Well Known Member
Hey Guys,

I am flying into Reno tonight and would love to stop in Stead for cheaper fuel and tie downs, but doesn't look like car rental is an option after the FBO closes at 4:30. I will be arriving about 7pm, so am out of luck. Looks like fuel is 2 bucks more a gallon at Reno which is insane since I will be coming in with low tanks.

Any locals know of any other options? We will be in town for 2 nights.

Taxi into Reno to pick up a car, then after drop off back to Stead would be about the same costs. Looks like I will just have to buck up for this one.

Thanks

Silver Springs?

Stop @ Stead, or Silver Springs for fuel, then hop into Reno.

Carry on!
Mark

Don't think taxing from Stead to Reno good idea.

Even though it is Nevada, I don't think the authorities would be happy to see you taxing down Hwy 395.

Truckee is real close:

KTRK
66 SSE Truckee-Tahoe Airport Truckee, CA
Truckee Tahoe Airport
Avfuel
SS $5.45
FS $6.00

Taxi to Reno, Meaning the Big Yellow Taxi from Stead into Reno. ;-)

If I don't get at least 15 gal of fuel in Reno, then the FBO charges higher overnight fees.

For the convenience I will pay the additional $$.

Thx

Stop at Stead and fill up, then fly over to Reno and park at Atlantic. Tell them to top off your tanks and they'll usually waive the overnight fees. You'll pay the higher price for all of 2 gallons?

Enterprise rental cars will pick you up

I think if you rent your car from Enterprise they will pick you up or if your an Emerald Member they might just leave it there waiting for you.

Maybe too late, but cheapest fuel is generally at Carson City these days. I believe that Enterprise will pick you up. I'd personally volunteer to lend you a car, but I'm currently 2000 miles N of Stead.

Greg

Back