What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brown vs Cleaveland foot control for squeezer

waswas39

Brown and Cleaveland both have a foot control pedal for squeezers, but they are significantly different in price. Is there a big difference in the operation between the two? Wasn't really expecting a 220 dollar price tag, but from what I gather on here it is a great addition to have.

Foot Control

I have been using the one from Cleaveland along with the squeezer bench mount from Aircraft Tool Supply. These tools are a must for all the dimpling of ribs, j-channel and such as well as riveting anything that will fit in the yoke while your sitting down and not trying to man handle the squeezer. All those nutplates on the smaller components. Having both hands can really help out and it's worth it just for all the dimpling of all the ribs and stiffeners. Having the adjustable shaft for riveting also is a must. Long winded, Cleaveland one works great!

Compact Air Val 3B-30A2-S

There's one of these on Ebay (used) for $25 + shipping. Been using one like it for 30 years, with no problems.

HFS

I forgot to mention - there isn't very much "feathering" with this valve. Something you learnt live with.

Last edited:
Back