What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass Parts

gvgoff99

Well Known Member
I have an older RV-6A kit that I am getting to the final stages (slowly). It does not have the newer fiberglass cowl, fairings etc. VAN's sells the newer type cowling (for over $1000.00). Is there any other after market place for fiberglass pieces? Thanks

Have wingtips

Hi George. I have a pair of never used or cut original wingtips for sale. $100, you pay shipping,
Pierre Smith

George,
I have an RV-6, I got some of my fiberglass from fairingsetc.com. I was very pleased with my upper gear leg transition fairing, the bottom gear leg transition fairing required a little more work. Check it out.

Alex

A friend of mine at the local airport is in the initial phases of producing a bunch of different fiberglass parts and pieces for the various RV flavors. Depending on the immediacy of your need, Russ might be able to help you out.

Russ Kamtz currently offers a retractable step kit for the -6 and -7 series. He just recently hooked up with a local composite fabricator and is hoping to eventually produce wingtips, gear leg fairings, wing root fairings, plenums, etc. out of fiberglass and carbon fiber. He's even got a prototype carbon fiber instrument panel in progress. It was in the oven as of Friday closing time. Russ is looking forward to seeing it this week.

I help Russ out with his web site from time to time. He mentioned his plans to me yesterday at lunch. As near as I can tell, the instrument panel and wing root fairings will likely be the first products available for sale.

I know Russ isn't ready to start shipment, but I'm sure he'd be happy to share his plans with anybody who's interested. Contact him directly by e-mail:

russ >>at<< stepupaviation >>dot<< com

Best regards,

RW

Back