What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pls Help w/ GRT settings for Fuel Total

lr172

Well Known Member
I just wrapped up my GRT installation- an HX (will be 8.4 HXr in a couple weeks) + EIS. My DU is showing me 30.2 gallons of fuel, however it won't let me add to or modify that total. I am wondering if I missed a setting somewhere on the HX or possibly need to remove a setting in the EIS. It is also not offering to add it at boot up (I thought I made a choice for that when setting up.

I would appreciate any ideas you have. The GRT folks are off this week, so no support.

Larry

Reset Fuel

The way I reset my fuel is thru the EIS. The EIS has 3 buttons; hold the LH and RH and that takes you to the fuel page. You can add or subtract from that page, or you can reset to your programed full fuel from that page by holding the LH and Center buttons. When done the RH button takes you out of the fuel page. Once you get them figured out, you'll like the boxes.

EIS vs. EFIS

I also just finished my panel upgrade to HXr, A/P and EIS w/ new nav coms.

I think the answer is as stated, set the EIS fuel to zero.

I find the EFIS is much easier to use than the EIS. The only reason I ever touch the EIS is to ack warnings.

I leave the EIS on page 11 to show me oil press/temp, RPM on start and in flt if the EFIS were to quit. As long as the EFIS is working, the EIS could be remote mounted, (except on start and to ack warnings).

Back