What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navworx ADS600B Traffic Problem

barryrv10

Well Known Member
I have a ADS600B s/n 890 and I got it upgraded for 2020 last month at the factory and the software to 4.0.9. I got a compliance report from the FAA, and it shows everything ok. I am receiving weather and metars ok, but my traffic reception is intermittent. I was flying up the east coast of Florida, and the traffic display would come and go about every 5 or 10 minutes. Just checking if anyone else is having trouble with the 4.0.9 software. Thanks

Had the same problem. Bill said to check the number of messages (lower right corner) I forgot what page it is on doing the portal but it is obvious when you see it . The default should be 4 mine was 14. Setting it to four corrected the problem. A setting of 1 gives very strong traffic but metars suffer some so now Mine is set to 3 and I'm very happy.
Larry

I just got mine back from Bill and will be installing it this evening.

I have s/n#829 and now have 4.0.9 installed. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

Just an add on to my previous post There is a new manual out and on page 109 of this new manual you will see the page I referenced to for the message count. Right lower corner

Larry

Update

I checked my message count and it was set to 12; I changed it to 3 and I flew today for 45 min and the traffic was steady the whole flight. The metars and radar updated as usual, but there was nothing to paint for the radar. I'll check the radar when there is some weather around, but I feel everything is working properly. Thanks again Larry

I checked my message count and it was set to 12; I changed it to 3 and I flew today for 45 min and the traffic was steady the whole flight. The metars and radar updated as usual, but there was nothing to paint for the radar. I'll check the radar when there is some weather around, but I feel everything is working properly. Thanks again Larry

You are welcome Barry. I am glad it worked out, I felt your frustration. :)

Last edited:
I just got mine back from Bill and will be installing it this evening.

I have s/n#829 and now have 4.0.9 installed. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

Mine worked just fine on Sunday. My messages are set to 4.

I did see one new feature, which I don't know if I can contribute it to the 4.0.9 or the AFS interface.

A couple of the traffic diamonds (with tail and N#) were highlighted in a yellow bordered box. I've got a question into AFS to see what this may be. It isn't in their manual, nor was it a threat for collision either.

Back