What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baggage door lock question.

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I have an Aircraft Spruce keyed mag switch and matching baggage door locks but I think I have the wrong lock bars. They don't fit the back of the baggage door lockset. I'm thinking they should have 3 holes in the bar instead of a square hole like the picture below. Anyone out there have one they can post a picture of so I know what I'm supposed to have? Thanks
DSCN2809.jpg

You are correct, Sir!

Jim, I bought the same combo kit from Spruce and none of my parts looks like those in the photo. My lock has a square extension on the back with a threaded hole in the middle. The tang part on mine fits over the square, but it's kind of like a star shaped hole. That way it can go at the 0 / 45 / 90 degree positions. I may not be describing it well, but my parts fit together.

I think I'd give Spruce a call. I've had pretty good luck with them correcting the rare goof-up.

Remove the Screw

Jim,
The locking bar can be placed in 4 different positions indexed by the 2 pins and the screw, then tighten the screw to hold the bar in place.

Last edited:
Back