What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for these little Vents

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello All

I'm in need of a couple ( at least one ) of these little vents CA LV-3 VENTILATOR that Vans used to have but doesn't anymore ..

Are you guys aware of any other suppliers of these vents, I will appreciate any link you may have

Thanks

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca

Last edited:
Wow... Did a search and could not find them. They were great vents. Had them in my 4 and another on the field had one in his 3. Good luck in your search!

Found 2" at Wag-Aero & Spruce.
But looks kind of rough compared to those Bruno is looking for.

Last edited:
Vents

Hi Ralph

I saw those on Wag Aero, they might work but they're not as nice as the one I already have and will like to find..

Vans now sell this kit...Probably effective but most likely too large ( 2.5'' x 3.5'' ) to install below the Naca ducts on the side on my -4...I need cooling in the foot well as it is really hot down there in the summer heat and the radios don't like it ...

Still hoping someone will have a link for the ones I'm looking for or someone has a few for sale...fingers crossed..

Cheers

Bruno

I want to say I think those were made by Vetterman, and he is enjoying retirement after shifting the exhaust business over to Clint - not sure the vents went along with the deal. We have two of them on the skirt of our -3, and unfortunately, as cool and nicely made as they are, that;’s a horrible position for ventilation - they really suck air out instead of letting it in.

If you find them, consider a better location!

Paul

Vents

Paul

As you can see in the pictures, mine is installed for the Backseat ventilation and I don't know if I got lucky but it's blowing enough air to set the squelch off for the backseater..

Here's what I wanna do with the one I'm looking for ( fix a heat problem in the foot well of my RV-4..I saw those in Oshkosh last summer on an RV-8..

I'll keep looking, might get lucky eventually..

Cheers

Bruno

P.S: If you decide to remove them of your -3, I'll take them off your hands ..:)

Last edited:
Vents

That will be nice if Steve could make them...I sure will have a look if he does..

Bruno

Vents

Let me put my opinion in here. Yes that is my vent and it is no longer made or available. It was machined from a solid block of aluminum and made to a very high standard. When I retired my vent guy did too so once the supply was gone there was no more. I have a couple of them and have been thinking about contacting Steve Melton about making them. When that vent is placed in the right area it really works well. Larry Vetterman

Vents

Hi Larry

If the vents you have are for sale I will gladly buy them..

Just let me know how much and how you want me to pay for them:D:D

Cheers

Bruno
rv4videotron.ca

Let me put my opinion in here. Yes that is my vent and it is no longer made or available. It was machined from a solid block of aluminum and made to a very high standard. When I retired my vent guy did too so once the supply was gone there was no more. I have a couple of them and have been thinking about contacting Steve Melton about making them. When that vent is placed in the right area it really works well. Larry Vetterman

Glad you chimed in Larry - these are beautifully made little things - nothing wrong with them at all - I just wish I’d put them in a better location!

Paul

Vents

Thanks Paul. I actually had 2 models. The small ones were for RV type airplanes and the larger ones were for cub type airplanes. Yes I have 2 of the smaller vents but they will be mounted in my panther so they’re not for sale. I’m thinking a 3D printed unit would work however the tolerances are extremely close to make them work correctly. Maybe Steve Melton might see this post and chime in. Larry Vetterman

Vents

'' Yes I have 2 of the smaller vents but they will be mounted in my panther so they’re not for sale.''
-----------
I thought I'll ask, one never knows..:):D

Good luck on the Panther's Project

Still love your 4 Pipes exhaust on my-4 BTW.

Cheers

Bruno

Vents

I hate to see a great product go by the wayside so I am currently working with a couple companies in the aircraft world to get them made again. If that is successful they should be available again.

Vents

I'm glad to read that...Hoping to get a couple whenever they become available again.

Thanks for jumping in Larry, much appreciated.

Cheers

Bruno

Back