What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3X RIVETTER

federico

I'm New Here
I'M LOOCKING FOR A PNEUMATIC RIVETTER: IS THERE SOMEONE THAT COULD GIVE ME A SUGGESTION CONCERNING AN ECONOMIC BUT GOOD WORKING 3X RIVETTER?. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BUILD A RV9, TANKS A LOT.
FEDERICO.

Last edited:
The Yard has used Ingersoll Rand guns for $105. These and Chicago Pneumatics are the best and go for over $400 new. Avery (appears to be a copy of the CP) and Sioux guns are also reported to be good and are less expensive new than the IR or CP guns. Isham has a copy of the CP for $135: http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4351...Guns/3x-Rivet-Gun-with-Lifetime-Warranty.aspx

I don't know if the IR and CP copies are as good as the originals.

You want a gun that has a good "teasing" trigger which lets you hit the rivets hard & fast or slow and easy. My very well used IR does that and a CP I borrowed was even better. A Taylor that I tried did not nor did one from ATS.

Richard Scott
RV-9A Wings

Slow ATS Gun ????

I have a 3X ATS rivet gun and it has an excellent teasing control action (maybe was just lucky).

Its only real problem is that it doesn't rivet fast enough (or I'd be done by now)! :D

-mike

Back