What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avery Tool's customer service

RMeggs

I'm New Here
Avery Tools' customer service

So, I ordered a pair of fluting pliers from Avery on Jan 2. Up to this point, I had been using a friend of mine's. But he needed them back, so I finally ordered my own. :D

Three weeks later, I called Avery to find out why I had not received my order. I admit I was a little displeased at this point, because I had to cease work on the RV the weekend before because I didn't have those pliers. :(

The nice lady at Avery looked for my order, but couldn't find it. When I told her I placed the order on 1/2, she immediately confessed that they probably had lost my order due to computer issues they were having then. She asked me when I needed the pliers. I said "a week ago." She then promptly, and without solicitation on my part, gave me a discount on the order. Even more, they shipped it FedEx 2-day, but only charged me for FedEx ground. :)

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but her willingness to volunteer a discount and to expedite shipping at their cost made it all better.

+1 to Avery Tools' customer service.

Last edited:
Yes, Avery is outstanding. I borrowed an Avery rivet gun from a builder who stopped his project in order to start mine and after a solid year of hammering away, it started misfiring. Just went phfffft. I sent it to Bob Avery, he totally rebuilt it, for FREE. It was good as new. I returned the rebuilt gun to my buddy, and finally bought my own from Avery.

I've had many great experiences with them over the years. Shipping from their place to mine seems to be via galactic transporter. It arrives within a couple of days every time.

Great folks, those Averys.

I can veryify their computer problems. I was trying to place some web orders with Avery without much luck during that time frame. I finally called to place my order and was told about their computer problems. The woman on the phone (I'm assuming the same woman you spoke to) said the outage was making life difficult for them. I like to see a company that is still polite to customers even when the company is having issues.

IMHO you won't find a more RV builder friendly business out there. Great people and excellent products!

A perfect example of why I eschew the "cheap" tool suppliers and go with Avery, even if occasionally the price might be a little higher. The customer service is top notch and he's always donating gift certificates and stuff to various causes.

In short, they're one of us!

Computer issues

Thanks to all our customers for their patience. We had two major events that nearly immobilized the company, one in early January where the web server cart software decided it didnt like the server OS, and another towards the end of January where our order processing software didnt like anyone or anything(non-technical terms) So we did it the old fashioned way, by hand.
It helps us that this is such a great community

svanarts said:
I can veryify their computer problems. I was trying to place some web orders with Avery without much luck during that time frame. I finally called to place my order and was told about their computer problems. The woman on the phone (I'm assuming the same woman you spoke to) said the outage was making life difficult for them. I like to see a company that is still polite to customers even when the company is having issues.

The Best Compnay

I have been waiting for this one. At OSH last year we had a little problem that needed repair before we could display at the show. But to do this repair we needed tools. I went searching and Bob Avery came to the rescue. He provided every tool that we needed. This is another example of the good nature and camaraderie that we are so very lucky to be a part of in aviation. Thanks Bob.

Wish I had the same problems.

I wish I had the same Avery experience I am afraid. I am in a different timezone and so calling them is not really a viable option for me. At this stage, I have emailed them about 8 times to have different issues addressed including missing items shipped and wrong items. I have yet to receive a single reply. I am still waiting for orders that hit my amex card more than a month ago....

Maybe it is just me...

Paul

Avery is the best! If you are local and ever drive there (or fly there), you'll also get to learn all you ever wanted to about show-winning Cockatiel birds. They have hundreds of them, and it is really interesting to hear about the birds, how they judge them, etc. Heck, they even let one out for me last week, for an indoor airshow :D Cool stuff, and a GREAT staff.

Avery Customer Service

Avery does rock, email response is not as good as the phone. Responses are curt, but accurate, sometimes it takes an extra email or two, call up the phone, and the world is your oyster.

Still better than those companies who pretend to be on the internet, and get to your email is 3-4 days, or have an online chat feature, only to find out that your question cannot be answered over chat.... you have to call....

Great people

I agree. I found them to be friendly and helpful whenever I spoke with them at Osh. I recently managed to break a bolt on my hand squeezer and ordered the replacement from Avery. I ordered the incorrect part though, and had to call to get the problem corrected. I called on Friday, and didn't get a response, but Monday morning, the problem was solved.

I spoke with Bob, who confirmed which part I needed, told me why it had broken in the first place (the squeezer wasn't even theirs), and told me he'd send the correct part along with some grease to lube the affected area to prevent reoccurrence. I will send my original ordered part back at my convenience.

What great people!

David

Back