What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Re-Build of N966RV

RFazio

Well Known Member
Some pictures of my RV-6. It was ready for flight last summer and awaiting the final inspection. There was a fire in the hanger and my plane got damaged. So it's now getting rebuilt. I'm on it like a fanatic. Never was I so motivated. It's coming back way better than it was. It will fly this summer.

Go here for pictures. N966RV

Wow! That would be depressing to be so close and have it yanked away from you. Great recovery progress, though. Kudos!

I worry about hangar (garage) fire also. Can you give us a clue as to how the fire started so we might be able to prevent it if we are being dangerous in our activities?

Thanks,
-mike

This was just total bad luck. My buddy gave me his hanger to work in, while putting it together, cause he has a big hanger. He moved to another friends hanger. He had an old junky moped in the hanger. He put a new battery in it so he could start it with a button instead kicking it. Well it must have shorted out and went up. He lost a bunch of stuff, and two planes were damaged in the fire. Both are recoverable though. I can't really blame him he was doing me a favor letting me us his hanger. But you can be sure I'll be in my own hanger when I'm done this summer.

Oh my. That is hard to read and look at. I can't imagine how heart broken you were when you found out. :( Glad your spirits are high, and are on track and motivated to get it in the air!

I honestly don't worry about much of anything, but one thing I DO have anxiety about is a house/garage fire. I find myself checking stuff in the garage sometimes three times a night AFTER I've finished working to MAKE SURE everything is where it's supposed to be. Can't prevent bad luck though.

Keep us updated on the progress!! :)

Back