What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to mount GTR20 comm in 9A??

MikeinPhoenix

Well Known Member
I’m installing a G3X system in my existing 9A and will have a GTR 20 Garmin remote comm to mount. Looking behind the panel, there doesn’t seem to be a good location, but not sure. Hoping to get some advise from others who have successfully mounted a Garmin remote comm in a 9A.

Many thanks, Mike

Tray

I put mine on a drop down tray between the main panel and the panel behind the main panel. I’m a 7A. Slider

Attachments

• D0AF9BF2-A0AA-4207-BEC4-21ED1ED803FD.jpg
    D0AF9BF2-A0AA-4207-BEC4-21ED1ED803FD.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Mine is mounted behind the baggage bulkhead. Opposite the ELT 3 years so far so good. I had no room up front since my fuse blocks are on drop down trays. This would take quite a bit more wire as that radio has a pretty good bundle going to it

Mine's hanging under the upper fwd ribs above the rudder cross tubes. One end is mounted with nutplates to a lower rib flange and the other side is mounted with nutplates into a piece of angle riveted to the the rib.

This is on a -7 with a slider canopy.

Attachments

• IMG_6762.jpg
    IMG_6762.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 95
similar

Mine's hanging under the upper fwd ribs above the rudder cross tubes. One end is mounted with nutplates to a lower rib flange and the other side is mounted with nutplates into a piece of angle riveted to the the rib.

This is on a -7 with a slider canopy.

I did similar, but only used 4 of the 6 screws.

Best place to remote mount GTR 20

All, many thanks for the input and especially the pictures. Some really good options to make it work in a really tight place. I was initially going to mount it behind the baggage compartment, but Stein discouraged that option so we’ll work on another option.

Thanks again, Mike

Back