What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extras Required

AU RV7

I'm New Here
Hi All,

Just wondering what extras are required to finish the kits (aside from the obvious engine and propeller, avionics, radios).

For example I?m assuming that switches, master relays, ignition switch etc are all required

Thanks

I came to this same questions you posted a few months ago too. Based on your list, these are the other major items you will need.

-- RV7 finishing kit

-- Firewall forward kit based on your engine and propeller combination. This kit also comes with the baffle kit (dependent on the engine)

-- All of the electrical components such as switches, wiring, relays or fuses

-- Nice to have cockpit control such as grips and etc.

There are other small parts and components but you will purchase them as needed based on your customization

I think Van Aircraft doesn't do a good job of describing the all the things you will need to finish your airplane to a flying state. The items you realize you need sort of creep up on you when you get to them. This is probably because VA expects you to work with the EA tech counselor or EAA chapter and they will advise you what you will need. Since the Van's designs are so matured, I wish they update the build manual with the detail list of what you will need to finish your airplane. That way builders can plan ahead and save for the next big purchase.

I would recommend the FWF kit for your specific installation. It is a good value and saves a lot of time and frustration not having to track down individual items. Despite ordering the kit for my installation, I found the fuel lines length were not ideal for me and had Tom at TS Flightlines fabricate the proper hoses. Next time I would delete them from the kit.

Back