What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS 3400s MFD screen goes black

Darren Kerns

Well Known Member
My 3400s MFD screen was jumping up & down the other day while flying. I removed the screen and the ribbon connector was loose. I hot glued it after talking to others to get it to stay.

I re-installed and now when I turn on the avionic's master, it will go through the various sequences like normal but then go dark or completely black. I never get the "I agree" screen.

After talking to Jonathon at Dynon/AFS, I ordered a new backup battery. Replaced it today but I am still getting the same problem.

The screen is sitting on my kitchen table and I press "1" to test it & I get the same results.

I am sending the screen to AFS tomorrow. Is there anything I am missing? I have given up & I want Rob to fix it.

Thanks
Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

Update: AFS 3400s screen

I just wanted to post that my screen has been fixed by AFS.

I pushed 2 buttons at the same time as I was starting it up that changed the back lighting on my screen. It is an undocumented procedure that they only know to do. They said I was the first to ever do this.

Therefore, if anyone can mess things up, it would be me. However, I just want to say THANK YOU to Rob, Jennifer, Tricia, and Jonathon for their incredible customer support.

AFS is absolutely the best. Even though my screens were installed way back in 2010, they always support their customers.

Again, Thank You for always helping me. I will always be a AFS customer for life.

Respectfully

Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT

Last edited:
Back