What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yardstore, PIREP

Freemasm

Well Known Member
Hopefully this gets some deserved visibility before it is possibly relegated to another thread category.

I bought a ACAT mini angle drill from Yardstore Jan2019. It worked fine when new but the overall review on that tool is still out. That said, the related service from Yardstore deserves mention.

The tool started having problems before finally becoming unusable. It has no more than an hour of trigger time, probably a fraction of that. After talking to them on a Saturday morning, I sent it back to get an overhaul quote.

Mailed on Monday
Received on Wednesday
Got a call on Thursday telling me the drill has been repaired and on it's way back to me. Repaired for free.

Pat at Yardstore said they could tell by the (lack of) vane wear there hadn't been much use. Fixed as a warranty issue even though the calendar time was much exceeded. He apologized for any inconvenience. The offending parts were replaced, some adjustments made and on it's way back to me. Out of my hands for just over a week, thankfully. As you know when you need a real angle drill, there's nothing else that will really do the job.

I've always had good dealing with them. This really solidified their good reputation with me. Something is going to go wrong at some point in business. The subsequent actions speak volumes.

How about that. Word of mouth advertising by just being a good decent supplier. They were taking care of you as a singular customer but in the bigger scheme of things you can't put a price on word of mouth advertising. As a rule most aircraft parts and tool suppliers are good but the most successful put themselves in their customers' shoes and act accordingly. And I would guess all the ones we know and like doing business with who advertise on VAF fall into this category.

I knew Yardstore was a good outfit when I saw them support and sponsor helping retrieve an aircraft from the Antarctic badlands. Just do the right thing and keep on it. The success comes naturally.

Jim

Yard store

Fantastic operation. Get their catalog!!
Great source for many different tools new and old

Yardstore Pirep

If you ever get a chance to be there in person you could pickup all sorts of used tools, from bucking bars to mcdaniels crimpers and look at a sample of all the new tools they sell mounted on permanet peg boards to see.

Keith Rhea
RV7

I LOVE the yard. It's only about 5 miles from my house and I'm there all the time.

FYI- If you're ever in ICT, there are actually 2 different locations, about a mile apart. "The Yard Store" is the one that sells tools etc.

"The Yard" is the other location and it has a ton of cast off and surplus stuff from the ICT manufacturers. Leather from the seat shops, surplus drill bits & reamers, used rivet trays, racks stacked full of 20' long angle and tube stock that they sell for like $3 bucks a pound, Old road signs taken down by the city, catwalks and stands from Boeing, engine crates, missile shipping tubes, etc. I could wander around in there all day.

For a while they had a chunk of titanium that was big enough I would have loved to have it for a coffee table if I could have figured out how to get it in my shop without a fork lift.

They are a very good vendor. Never had a problem with their goods, and they are otherwise excellent.

I have a couple of ACAT tools and they have been quite good. The small 90 degree drill does use rather more air than I thought it ought to but works well. Mine has not had any issues.

Dave

+1 for great service and products. And yes they have online store. Ordered and received in 24 hours when the order was over $100. Also some great deals n used bits and pieces. My favorite next to Cleaveland and Brown. All very good.

+1 for the Yardstore

I bought a used/overhauled pneumatic rivet squeezer from them in 2005. I think I paid $150ish for it. I used it to build an RV-8 and still use it to this day. I keep it oiled and greased and it still works perfect! You could tell from the exterior patina it was well used but from the way it performs was professionally overhauled!

Back