What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MS 7220 Primer on Sale!

JLuckey

News Flash - 16 Jan 2012,

I found NAPA Auto Parts Self Etching Primer (rattle can), their part number MS 7220, on sale for $5.50 per can. That's almost 50% off from the 9.99 normal price. The sale price is apparently good thru the end of January.

I'm posting this because it's very rare that this stuff goes on sale.

I found it at the Garden Grove CA NAPA store, phone 714-889-1530, ask for Dennis. (Other stores in the area do not have it on sale -- if you talk to Dennis tell him that you heard about this from me.)

If you search VansAirforce Forums you will find reference to this primer. I really like it and have used it to prime the tail feathers of my RV-7A. It is easy to use, sticks extremely well and provides a good-looking dull finish that is light gray in color. I plan on buying a couple of cases (6 cans per case) for priming the internals of my wings.

Jeff Luckey

Price good in Ga.

The price is good in Ga also. I have been lucky and not paid over $6.00 per can yet!

Shop around

At the NAPA store in my town it's $9.99, at the NAPA store in a nearby town it's always been $5.50... go figure... :confused:

Shop www.napaonline.com and it seems fairly common that it's on sale someplace in the area. Seems like a give store cycles this thru their specials list every 6-9 months.

You might need to poke around at several stores on their website.

Still $9.99 in Mojave and Tehachapi. Wouldn't surprise me if it's some kind of VOC surcharge the state or county has come up with...

Thanks, JL, for posting this.

I checked this morning at a local Sacramento NAPA, $5.50/rattler, so I bought a dozen of them.

Hmmm, maybe I'll take some of the savings and add it to my annual VAF donation this year.

Back