What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tool Box

doug_rv7

Our EAA Chapter of around 60 members would like to put together a tool exchange program. In a nutshell, members would identify any tool they would like to share with other members, therefore saving members a few dollars.

I would be interested to hear if other Chapters are doing something similar? How can we make something like this work? What doesn't work?

Doug
RV-7
Fuselage coming in May

EAA 983 tool guy

We have several items that I keep for the chapter to loan to members. The chapter owns most of them . Some members leave their tools with me and I keep up with all. The most used is the scales, prop torque wrench, fresh air system, heavy cable cutters and crimpers. We recently got a crankshaft seal install tool. It has been used a couple times. I also know who has what speciality tools that they keep but will loan. We have discussed within the chapter other things we would like and when we decide we need it several members do the leg work and we the chapter purchases it. I keep a chaulk board of who has what borrowed. I work full time but several members can get in my hanger is someone needs something.

Back