What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transporting Van's aircraft in Central Florida

AlexC

Well Known Member
If you're like me, one of the most stressful parts of building a Van's aircraft is transporting the completed fuselage (with engine, avionics, etc) from a home workshop to a hangar at the airport. Finding someone that has the right experience and equipment (and insurance) to do such a move is very difficult; most companies (tow or moving) don't want to touch such a project.

This post is to let you know about Parkers Towing and Transport LLC, who first moved my friend's RV-14A earlier this year, and yesterday moved mine. They spent a good deal of time designing ramps for the main wheels for transport. The Parkers are great people, and were very interested in all aspects of my RV-14A - most importantly, they took great care to secure and transport my bird. I highly recommend them if you live in central Florida and need to transport your airplane; they drove 50 miles each way for the transport, and their prices are very reasonable. Below is a picture from the move:

_Alex

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 1.19.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 1.19.49 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 250
My concern is their tiedowns around main gear legs. If there is a brake line installed the rope may squash it. The best anchor point would be center section stubs. Leave the extended spacer there and drill a hole for their ropes.

transport_1.jpeg

My concern is their tiedowns around main gear legs. If there is a brake line installed the rope may squash it. The best anchor point would be center section stubs. Leave the extended spacer there and drill a hole for their ropes.

transport_1.jpeg

They took great care to avoid the brake lines and none were affected (I checked each one, and helped with the tiedown).

_Alex

Back