What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Congrats to Team Aural AOA!

Aggie78

Well Known Member
A big shout out for Mike (Vac) Vaccaro and his team that were one of the 5 finalists for the Founder?s Innovation Prize....tonight at AirVenture was the last phase of the competition (shark tank style) and Mike and his guys brought it home, winning the $25,000 1st prize!

Mike has a huge body of work on this website over in the ?Safety? forum with his RV Transition Training syllabus and this just adds to the cred he?s built with that effort.

I am lucky to be one of the beta testers on their tone unit, and am looking forward to Vac and his team using this prize money to be able to take their invention to the next level!

Again, two thumbs up and well done Vac!!

Best,

Rob

Ps-Vac, the beer?s are on you at the SS Rust-o-Lium!!

Thanks!

We sure appreciate all the good wishes!

We'll update the Github site soon as we just finished up a more advanced version of the tone generator that has indigenous pressure sensors (i.e., does away with reading the EFIS AOA data stream), but more testing is required to validate that concept. The first-generation design is stable and works well for folks with a properly calibrated Dynon AOA system. MGL also has the logic available as a pilot programmable mode if you have MGL avionics. We'll keep posting progress over on the Safety page...Thanks, Doug! We can't do these projects without all of the outstanding mutual support we get from the RV family; and that only happens because of your hard work.

I incorporated AOA lesson's learned in the most recent draft of the training manual as well--there is discussion of the basic concept on page 252 in the Aircraft Handling section. The link to the manual is in a sticky on the Safety page.

If anyone is around OSH on Friday and wants to learn more about using AOA to help with energy management; we'll be doing a Forum on the topic at 1430 on Forum Stage 1. The plan is to post a video on YouTube for folks that can't make it and might be interested in learning more.

Cheers,

Vac

Mike,
Thanks much for all your safety related work, shared unselfishly...and CONGRATULATIONS on the recognition at Oshkosh.

Peter

Well done Mike and team .
I've been using on speed aoa for over a year now.
If you need some testing on the new system let me know.

Back