What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Pressure Relief Valve

GrinchF16

Well Known Member
Need to adjust my oil pressure up a bit on my O-360 and wondering if anyone can tell me how much change in psi you get per washer? With the screw type valve I have found 3-4 psi per revolution but I can’t find anything on the washers. Thanks

Washers

I wonder if you measured the thickness of a washer, then find the threads per inch on the pressure adjustment bolt if that would be close? 18 threads per inch would be .055 per turn, so 4 turns would be .22 inches. So how thick is your washer? Any math guys please check out my idea????

Verify but I think that’s a 24 pitch thread so ~ 042/turn. If the 3-4 psi number is real, then;

Ratio 042 to 3.5 psi. Equate that number to desired psi increase/X. X being desired washer total thickness. Stack washers (don’t forget lites if needed) to get the desired thickness.

Coil springs only provide a linear response over a short deflection so it won’t be perfect but a good place to start. Probably should have more than one gasket available. Good luck.

Back