What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KX125 wiring confusion

Installing this radio 12vdc, the install manual showing the power in and switched power out, P100 connector pins 3,C,10,L going togeather for 12vdc voltage.
Can anyone verify or correct me on this?
Seems that there can be no switched power wired this way. I'm missing something.
thank you

Guy,

I got this diagram from AeroElectric. It shows power in on P100 pins 1 & A. Gnd is P100 pins 4, 5, 19 and Z with 19 & Z being primary.

Switched power out is P100 3 & C

The diagram is confusing but I think switched power uses P100 10 & L for the power and it is switched onto P100 3 & C. You can verify this will an ohmmeter.

Note that in all cases, they want you to use two pins for each input and output. That is to have enough current capacity.

Hope this helps.

Jim Butcher

Attachments

• kx125.JPG
    kx125.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 71
  • kx125 2.JPG
    kx125 2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 63
Thank You, There is that note 6 mesage to go along with that schematic.
I studied this when I read the B/K installation manual, sent a e-mail to B/K tech support, no answer yet.

Your answer

Installing this radio 12vdc, the install manual showing the power in and switched power out, P100 connector pins 3,C,10,L going togeather for 12vdc voltage.
Can anyone verify or correct me on this?
Seems that there can be no switched power wired this way. I'm missing something.
thank you

Guy,

What happens is this, if you are a 24v system, pins 1 and A is the input from your power source. It goes through the panel power switch, then out through pins 3 and C, then inputs to a KA39 voltage converter then outputs back into pins 10 and L. That way the voltage converter is switch on via the panel power switch.

If you are a 12v system, pins 1 and A is the input from your power source. It goes through the panel power switch, then out through pins 3 and C, then jumpers back into pins 10 and L. That way the switch on the panel power switch turns on the unit directly.

Brian

Thank You, something that makes sense!
I will now assume that the same applies to my KY97a going into the same airplane.

thank you
GC

Guy,

What happens is this, if you are a 24v system, pins 1 and A is the input from your power source. It goes through the panel power switch, then out through pins 3 and C, then inputs to a KA39 voltage converter then outputs back into pins 10 and L. That way the voltage converter is switch on via the panel power switch.

If you are a 12v system, pins 1 and A is the input from your power source. It goes through the panel power switch, then out through pins 3 and C, then jumpers back into pins 10 and L. That way the switch on the panel power switch turns on the unit directly.

Brian

Brian arrives to save the day !!!! Always helpful.

Back