What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight - G3X ICAO - FAA Settings?

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I just got foreflight and it looks very much superior to garmin pilot that I have been using. I am not sure how to set up the Aircraft FILING information.

I have the full G3X Touch system with A/P, GTX 23 Transponder, and GPS 20A.
I am looking for what boxes to check in the Filing menu or where I can find out myself what the to show as my equipment.

I just got foreflight and it looks very much superior to garmin pilot that I have been using. I am not sure how to set up the Aircraft FILING information.

I have the full G3X Touch system with A/P, GTX 23 Transponder, and GPS 20A.
I am looking for what boxes to check in the Filing menu or where I can find out myself what the to show as my equipment.

They've got an easy to read 500 page user guide that explains this! :)

I'd just send a mail to [email protected] and ask them - they are usually very helpful and quick to reply.

As said above, if you send a list of equipment to support they can help you with the codes. But really the ICAO equipment codes are not as complicated as they seem at face value.

What matters is what type of transponder (modes A/C/S, ADSB) do you have, what type of radios (typically will be VHF only in our planes) do you have, and what types of IFR navigation are you legally equipped for.

Thanks guys. I am VFR only with no VOR radio. I have no plans to fly at night or crappy weather so I didnt want more things on my panel to confuse me!

The manual is about a lifetime of reading so I think I will try sending an email to team@foreflight and see what they have to say. I would just do my best figuring it out but I dont want to have incorrect info and have the FAA questioning what I did.

I will let you know what they say. I do have to say foreflight is great. I love the 3-D replay of my flights and especially a 3-D video going into an airport I have never been to. Im still working on my license and it is well worth the extra bucks for at least my first year.

Back