What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Right angle BNC connector

apatti

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a good source for low profile right angle BNC connectors? The area in back of my 430W is very tight. I have put some right angle BNC adapters there, but they really stick out just a little too far (about 1 1/8 inches). I'd really like a crimp on right angle connector (so I don't need the adapter) that sticks out about 3/4 inch. I know this is a tall order (or short order depending on how you look at it). I have searched the usual suspects like Steinair, B&C, DigiKey, Mouser, L-Comm, etc. The ones that give dimensions don't seem any shorter than the adapters I have.

Thanks for any assistance.

I seem to remember reading a thread about this topic recently but can't find it now. As I remember Radio Shack has the adapter you are looking for.

I got mine at Radio Shack. Not sure they'll be what you're looking for but might be worth a look.

Thanks, guys. But, yes, I do have the Radio Shack adapters and they are too tall. I am hoping to find a right angle BNC crimp connector that attaches directly to the cable that is not so tall.

ADDED: Pat, great photos! I want to learn more about HDR.

Last edited:
Try MCM Electronics. I,m looking at one on page 30 of their catalog. P/N 27-1840. Web site is mcmelectronics.com, phone 1-800-543-4330.
Bob Whisler
RV-7A, finish
Dayton, OH

Rt angle BNC

I have the 430 and 330 (even longer) in my -8. The right angle adaptors from Stein gave adequate clearance. Bill

All,
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the shortest I can find are about 1.04 inches. This is only about 1/8" shorter than the right angle BNC adapters I have (some from Radio Shack and some from B&C). It looks like I am going to have to re-route some wires to make this work.

The problem that makes my situation different is the fuse blocks I mounted on a flip down panel accessible from my baggage compartment. In particular, a couple of stiff #10 wires are in the way. With a really short BNC (like what is on the back of my SL40) I wouldn't have to re-route some new wires. Unfortunately what is on the back of the SL40 is unique to the SL40 and SL30. So, no dice. Thanks again for the replies.

Tony

Back