What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two new RV-10's

pierre smith

Well Known Member
Ray Lawrence and I flew over to Peachtree City this morning and met Vern Darley and friends, and were busy buckling up his new -10 that was signed off 15 minutes before we arrived!

Then over to Mallards landing to drop of a package at Vic and Carol Syracuse's beautiful home and fresh -10 that will make its maiden flight today!!

Topped it off with a return tailwind showing 225MPH at 5500'....a really great morning among a bunch of RV'ers.

Spot link:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vUknkNnN1NvSX2eyon0NyA7q40FKHhYO

Thanks for the hospitality,

Last edited:
Great meeting Pierre and Ray this morning. After working off a few inspection squawks, I'm happy to report that Vern took the 10 out for its maiden flight. Once he stopped grinning we looked under the cowl, buttoned things back up and he took off for an hour long flight. Congrats to Vern, Steve, and Dave!!!!!:)

Vern,
Congrats on finishing your 10! I'll have to come down and take a look when I get back in town (I'm in NC right now). Have fun with it and I'll see you soon.

The grin-Here 'tis!

Enjoyed the day! The -10 is a very comfortable plane! Enjoyed Pierre and Ray's visit this morning.

Our bird would have never made it without the collective support of so many folks! Thanks all!

Here's a iphone pix from the first flight. Yes,I am happy!
grin.jpg

img0249a.jpg

No Call

Pierre,

You came to FFC and didn't let me know? Actually I arrived just prior to Vern's 2nd flight. Three of us flew over to Mallards Landing and Vic was indeed up in the air. Congrats to Vern, Dave, Steve and Vic on the first flights.

Mark

Pierre,

Wish I was off today, I would have met you in Port St Lucie for a ride.... Oh well....Getting that OT in for tools and tail kit.....

Congrats

Congratulations on the first flight to both of you. We're heading out tomorrow morning from Iowa to Fayetteville with a Penske truck moving my son and his wife down. I was planning on flying the -7A down and picking my wife up later in the week but looks like I'll be driving as well with the weather the way it is. I'd love to hook up with some of you while we're down in the area this week. The 10 is getting closer and hopefully will fly this spring.

Again, Congratulations. First flights are always exhilarating.

Doug
10 fuse at the body shop....

Back