What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Atlanta or Huntsville Area?

steve murray

Well Known Member
I have been shuttling my wife back forth from Atlanta (KLZU) to Huntsville (KMDQ) in my RV8 due to her mother having a hip replacement. After the last trip, she asked me about building a larger side by side....:D Said she was tired of climbing in\out of the back seat and looking at my head.

Anybody with 10 in the ATL or Huntsville area that I could come by and have my wife and I sit it in for a few minutes to sell her and me on cabin size?

Have a good weekend

Steve
RV8

Steve,

Pierre Smith (here on VAF.com) is an RV-10 aficionado, and is based in Louisville, Georgia.

We are having our annual RV fly-in at KFFC this Saturday. We have 3 RV10s on the field and I' sure we'll have a few fly-in. Come on by and I'm sure someone will allow a test fit. Besides that, it's a great event!!

Steve, we are having our annual fly in at KFFC this weekend. There will definitely some 10's. Come by for some lunch and checkout the 10s.

Steve, we are having our annual fly in at KFFC this weekend. There will definitely some 10's. Come by for some lunch and checkout the 10s.
Thanks for the invite guys, is the fly in on Sat or Sunday? I am off to Huntsville again tomorrow afternoon, may not be able to return prior to Sunday evening. If I am not able to make it I may follow up with you for name of one of the RV owners.

Steve, I can think of three RV-10s in the Huntsville area. There may be more. Kevin Belue has one flying but he is based at Pryor Field (KDCU) Decatur.

The other two are under construction although one is very close to getting his a/w cert. I'm not sure which airport he's based at. Maybe Sam or one of the other TVRVBG members will speak up.

Saturday promises to be a good day to fly. Most of the RV folks flying will be headed to Winchester TN (KBGF) for breakfast. Hopefully you can tag up with one RV-10 owner before your weekend is up. I can't promise there will be an RV-10 at Winchester.

That's all I know...for what it's worth...which ain't much. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

19A

Steve -

I'm up at Jackson County. Be glad to meet you up there or elsewhere if we can connect schedules. I make a similar trip on occasion except on to Muscle Shoals. My wife loved the 7A until the first cross country in the 10 :)

Doug

I'm in Canton, KCNI

I'll be glad to meet you and show you my -10.
Also at KLZU I think Bill Thomason still keeps his -10 there, and it is another fine example. Just let me know.....
My wife felt the same with me in my -8, so now we fly in the -10; it's also a very fine aircraft. You will not be disappointed.

KFFC

Steve, I'll be glad to put you in the left seat any time. I'll be at KFFC tomorrow until around 2:00 p.m. My bird is yellow and silver N777SW.

Best,

I'm one of the guys building in Huntsville. I hope to be finishing the plane in about a month. I live about 20 minutes west of MDQ (Harvest) and will be based at KHSV. I hope to be moving the airplane to the hangar in about two weeks for final assembly. Currently it is getting painted in my shop, so that doesn't help you right now. But if a few weeks go by and you haven't caught up with an RV-10 yet, I'm sure I'll be at my hangar for several long days/nights for final assembly. :).

Send me an email if you didn't get something worked out.

WHOOHOO!!! Permission from "she who makes decisions" .. Dude that's half the build!

If/when I start my own -10, I will have that quote printed on a banner to hang in the shop. Jason nails it :D

Stormy
900+ RV-6A hours and counting

All - Many thanks for your support in looking at your projects. I showed my wife the outpouring of support and she was very surprised that one day after my original post we had multiple offers to look\sit in planes. Very impressive community support.

Beyond the written support, I was as the Pancake Fly-in in Winchester Tenn and Sam Buchanan walked up to me (I had never met him before) and asked if I had found a -10 to look at.....guess he saw my RV8 on the tarmac and connected me with the post, amazing community.

I am starting to try in contact with the closest airplane and will work ourtwards. Thanks again everyone for your great support

Steve.

Back