What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heat Duct Parts

John K

Hoped to find this in a search, since hundreds are flying...
Sec 26, pp 4 step 5, since VENT DL-03 and VA-175 tee have the same size tubing, how did everybody snuggle one inside of the other? Thought of a flute or two, or cutting a slot.

I had no trouble inserting one into the other. One of the parts (if I remember correctly, the Tee) had a flare allowing the other to fit right in.

I checked and can confirm that the T has a flare allowing the duct to fit. The pic isn't great but you can kind of see what I'm talking about.

2014-02-12_20-42-06_828-1024x768.jpg

Mod to blow heated air from top of tunnel

Hey Guys:

Just something to think about. Look around and see if you can find the mod to exit the heated air at the top of the tunnel while you're at this stage in the build. In the -10 there is no problem in getting heat but it's all at your feet in the back. I'm rather tall and with the pilot seat pushed back to where I like it, the heat exit is almost up under the seat. Then it's hard to get the heat up to the rear seat passengers.

I've seen where someone, not sure who, plumbed an additional outlet to the rear heat and put an eyeball vent at the top of the tunnel. Looks to me that this would be a great add that I'll look into adding in the future.

Regards,
Doug

Thanks Joe! No such flare on my VA-175 tees or as shown in the figures on the plans. I'll follow up with Vans.

Back