What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Atlanta area formation fliers?

walkman

Well Known Member
Looking to put together a formation group in Atl.

A fellow RV pilot (ex AF IP and Big iron IP) and I have been regularly practicing formation work for a year now, and we would like to expand our group in north Atlanta. So far we've got a couple of other RV guys that have joined us, we'd like to get a good group going.

If you would like to participate in some regular standards-based formation flying, we typically fly Sat. mornings out of 19a or 18a.

We're not trying to put together a school or duplicate what the clinics do, so some experience is preferred (rv, Ffi, past military, whatever) but you don't need to be kahuna or widget ;-). That said we're not trying to do same-way same-day type stuff either, we are really working hard to be good, safe, disciplined, standards-based group and we're having a blast doing it!

If any of this appeals to you and you'd be interested in flying with us please let me know here or via pm.

Ya'll were looking good a couple Saturday's ago. I've moved my -10 up to 19A and saw/heard you when I left out.

Have fun... Stay safe,
Doug

34 Flying RV's at KFFC

With our own formation training standards and multiple events each week. Come join us!

Ya'll were looking good a couple Saturday's ago. I've moved my -10 up to 19A and saw/heard you when I left out.

Have fun... Stay safe,
Doug

Thanks Doug

With our own formation training standards and multiple events each week. Come join us!

Vern I'm curious, what are the differences between your standards and the RV FFI standards? Do you have a document you can send me?

Back