What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS 4500's

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
Today I started my engine for the first time, started on the third blade and ran very smoothly. The idle was set a little low but that's easy to fix.
I allowed the Garman 430 to acquire satellites and sure enough my MFD showed the correct location and MAP. The PFD however would not bring up a MAP page at all. The Ethernet box is powered up and working so I don't think that's the problem. I also cannot seem to get the ARINC software
to load.

Any ideas from those who have already mastered this system.

Pat

Pat,

Make sure you have the license keys loaded before fretting about what you may have done wrong :). It's in the set up screens but I can't step you through how to check without looking at the screens.

These were probably loaded from AFS but one time when I upgraded the software, the system didn't copy out the license keys so they were reusable. I had to call and get the keys that were assigned to my units to get the maps visible again.

There is also a document on the support page of AFS forums that discusses how to debug the 430/ARINC. At least that should help before starting to chase down wiring gremlins :)

Just a thought.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I hope it is the license key issue. I talked with someone at AFS who told me I did not need to download the key data because I had purchased everything and it was not needed. However, the map went away after I loaded the new V15 so I think you could be correct. I will checkout the ARINC trouble shooting as you suggested. Thanks for the feedback.

Pat

I went through the systems screens and sure enough the license key information is missing. I guess the new software load wiped them out.

Pat

Back