What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS AOA Installation

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I am about to start the installation of the AFS AOA system. Does anyone have pictures that they could share.

Pat

Pat, here's a couple of pic from my smugmug acct. You can find a few more on page 7 and 8 of http://dougandlinda.smugmug.com/Airplanes/RV10-all

750382429_nsDGB-M.jpg

750382604_bPw8Y-L.jpg

Hope it helps (and the pic actually posts :) )

Doug

10766026_8dtqZ

Last edited:
On my 7A

I fabricated a bracket like this one (flap speed position sensor) for the AOA flap position sensor and installed it on left side of fuselage. Make the bracket so you can adjust the position of the microswitch after installing..

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

purge pin

Doug

How hard is it to find the purge valve with that pin moving around inside the wing with no visual? Also does this mean water just drips into the wing area?

Daryl,
Yep, I think it'll be interesting. I'm not flying the 10 yet and don't have an AOA on the 7A so not sure how it'll all work. There are some other posts on this site that discuss how little if any water has been found in the ports. These are extremely small holes. Any water will drip into the wings.

and here's a couple pics of the POS12 used as a flap position indicator....

750506824_XEPwt-L.jpg

750507250_chymo-L.jpg

I stole this location / idea from another poster on this board some time ago :)

Doug

Thanks Doug.

I saw some of those as well. I was going to just do it like you did and then I saw a few posts with tubing between the bottom hole and the top push vent. More work that might not be worth it. O what to do.... I just want to get done and fly!:mad:

Back