What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Peachtree City, Newnan, Falcon Field, etc.

Red Voodoo

Well Known Member
A career move is taking me to the Atlanta area for the next year or so. I'll be renting an apartment somewhere, and without home improvement projects to do, I think I'm going to find myself with a lot more spare time than I'm used to. It occurs to me that this period might be a good time to get back into building. I'll probably start another RV-9, or maybe try to make something out of the pile of rescued RV-3 parts I've accumulated.
So, I have a few questions for anyone who is familiar with the area generally just southwest of ATL. Does anyone know of an apartment complex they could recommend? How about garage apartments (or even better, hangar apartments!)? I'll be perusing Craigslist and other on-line resources, but first-hand experiences would be useful.
And since I know Falcon Field is a hotbed of RV activity, what's the chance of finding hangar space (for building) there?
Another thing I may try to do during this period is get started on my instrument rating. Does anyone have an opinion about Falcon Aviation Academy?
I'm in the early stages of planning this move, so there's a lot of research to be done, and any comments from locals would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Red Voodoo,

While on Falcon Field go check out the Dixie Wing of the CAF. We have some great aircraft and tremendous a/c maintaince and restoration talent.
You'll really enjoy it.

Glenn Wilkinson

Welcome South, RV brother!

We have 50 + and building space is available. Come to our weekly luncheon at Mellow Mushroom on 74 N at 11:30 every Tuesday. Come by Hangar D-30 and others nearby for something RV going on most every day.

Vern

Call Paul

Hi.

I try to do something on the project almost every day, RV-8.
If you will call me, any time, I will give you a tour and show you some RV's.
There are 6 in our hangar.
I am retired and can meet you anytime.

Paul
770-855-1311 :)

Glenn, thanks for the tip.

Vern, thanks for the "welcome south", but it's actually north for me; born and raised in Savannah. I'll definitely be paying Hangar D-30 a visit!

Paul, thanks for the invite. Actually, Sharpsburg is one of the places where I'm looking for a place to live. I saw an ad for a cabin on a 65 acre lake in Sharpsburg; would you happen to be familiar with such a lake?

Thanks again guys!

Ben,
I am not familiar with the cabin you mention. If you like we could schedule a side visit around Sharpsburg in conjunction with a visit to the hangar. Just pick a time and let me know.
Paul

Back