What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon conversion from capacitive fuel senders

dave4754

Well Known Member
Hello All:

I cannot find the wiring callout for my Dynon converter on my fuel tanks.

The converter comes with three wires, black. white and red. The problem is that the Dynon lead to the EMS has only one wire?

What do i connect to the Dynon orange and blue wire and how do i connect the other two wires coming from the converter?

Cant seem to find directions, thanks for your help.

Dave

Capacitance to Voltage Converter for Van’s Capacitive Plates

Skyview System Installation Guide > SV-EMS-220/221 Installation and Configuration > Fuel Level Sensor > Capacitive Fuel Level Sensors

After you read that, it points you to Accessory Installation and Configuration > Capacitance to Voltage Converter for Van’s Capacitive Plates

On the EMS D37 harness, you'll be connecting:
  • One of the Enhanced General Purpose Inputs to the capacitance converter white signal wire.
  • The Auxiliary 12 volt DC Output to the capacitance converter red power wire.
  • One of the black ground wires to the black wire of the capacitance converter.

And if you don't have the converters on hand already, I have a pair of the original Dynon converters available from my build. I removed them and went to a straight float sender because I run mixed fuel quite frequently - 100LL and automotive - and the capacitive values are very different which caused the capacitive senders to always be wrong. Nothing wrong with this setup if you always stick to one type of fuel, though.

Back