What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fleeing the cold! Tropical RV Winter Getaway

NovaBandit

Well Known Member
As I'm typing this, it is 111 degrees F colder than where I was this time last week (92f vs -19f)! Why do I live here??

We loaded the kiddos and an unreasonable amount of baggage into the flying family truckster, and flew down to a FLORIDA BEACH HOUSE that we rented with some others from our RV10 family!

Here is the first (of two) trip recap videos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7g-EitdqQ

Nice vid

Well done. Beauty plane.
You guys need to keep going and make a run for bahamas. Great fun hitting the little islands and such a transition from busy, and populated florida.

Will look forward to more vids.

Last edited:
Nice video! My wife and I had the same experience this past week; Rochester, MN to New Smyrna Beach with our RV-7A. Love those NW winds on the trip down; like you, we saw 40+ knots of tailwind at 7,000' (top ground speed of 226 knots!). The 24 knot headwinds coming back, however, were not so appreciated!

We got lucky and were able to make pretty much a straight line to and from. The weather that you encountered, and almost always exists in the Georgia area, stretching NE and SW, ended up being just some rain and clouds both ways (at 7,000', we were below freezing level). The T-storm and convective activity disappeared for both transitions to and from. Still, however, do not like that whole area.

Thanks for posting. RV-7A is nice, but sure would be a more comfortable trip with a 10!!!

Great video! Makes me want to add a 10 to the stable even more and my 7 isn't even flying yet.

Back