What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VFR 6 pack to dynon IFR panel build help

ERJDriver

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Have an 8A that’s got a junk narco transponder and comm in it. I had a neighbor give me a 7 inch HDX and SV42servos. I’m looking to upgrade the ole girl.

1. Looking for the most bang for the buck and simplicity, want IFR but actual IFR flown will be minimum as most flights are 30 min of acro. Just want the capability.

2. Bluetooth intercom. Was going towards the GTR200B, and a GPS 175. But the dealer I’ve been bouncing ideas off of said the dynon radio is great, buttttt no intercom nor Bluetooth so I’d have to run an audio panel.

3. PS200B I stumbled Upon, that’s an option for the limited panel space.

4. Trig audio panel with Bluetooth and a TY96.

Have an AV30E already in the bird I can use as a standby.

Help.

Last edited:
If you want IFR, I'd strongly suggest adding the Autopilot Control panel SV-AP-PANEL to the HDX. The knob panel is great too if you have the space.

Dynon Intercom

Dynon has a nice two place intercom and a pre-made harness that can simplify the installation process. I'm using both the radio and the intercom on my -7, with an addition of an Avidyne 440 (in the future) to get my second radio and IFR capabilities.

Second radio can be installed with a simple switch for the selection.

The Dynon system plays nicely together with fully IFR just one GPS navigator away from the fully Dynon system. Just my 2c :)

Yeah if dynon had a Bluetooth function on their intercom it'd be nice. I guess either way running 2 radios you need a audio panel

I guess either way running 2 radios you need a audio panel

As post #4 indicates, you can get by with the right intercom, plus a switch to send mike and PTT to the desired radio. You may have to do some ‘switching’ with the radio volume controls.

Yup, still no Bluetooth though. I wonder if anyone has been able to run a Bluetooth receiver into the aux input if it has one

Yup, still no Bluetooth though. I wonder if anyone has been able to run a Bluetooth receiver into the aux input if it has one

Yes, you can plug in a Bluetooth receiver into the aux input on the front and it works just fine.

Bluetooth Reciever

Because of the lack of bluetooth, I bought a bluetooth receiver to wire to the back of the intercom. There are three a aux inputs in the Dynon intercom, a muting aux, a non-muting aux and the front 3.5mm aux input (although the first two are mono).

I'm going to leave the front input available in case passengers want to plug in a device that doesn't have bluetooth (and just because its faster).

Back