What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kitlog Pro 2.0?

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
It has been nearly 6 years since I logged any construction activity on a used Dell laptop running Windows XP. Since the last entry, there has been a divorce, a relocation, a home construction and a retirement. Amazingly, the laptop powered up and my data is still there! My question is whether a Mac version of Kitpro ever came out, and (assuming not) how best to preserve this data so that I can continue WHEN the laptop and hard drive head west.

Any IT geniuses who can assist me in hooking up a computer which keeps asking for my dial-up information to a modern home WiFi network will have my eternal gratitude.

I expect to attempt to print out all previous log entries via cable if I can get the antique to talk to my current Epson printer.

Nice to be back.

kit log

No Mac version.

Probably cheaper to find a used pc on marketplace than to try and make that one work...

DO NOT install the Epson drivers; there is a conflict with them and the reports function of kit log. I could never get kit log to generate the reports when the epson driver was installed...remove the driver and it worked fine.

I ended up creating yearly reports and then printing them out just to have them. The printed reports were not necessary at the A/W inspection...

EAA Builder's Log

I was running KitLog Pro from a Mac via BootCamp into Windows 10. I didn't like rebooting every time I needed to make a build entry, but it worked.

I also stumbled across the EAA's free (for members) browser-based Builder's Log (https://eaabuilderslog.org), and decided that I liked it's simplicity better than KitLog Pro.

I'm waiting on my Wing Kit, so I manually transferred my Empennage Build Entries to the EAA Builder's Log. Of course, I later noticed that the volunteer host of the EAA Builder's Log will import existing KitLog Pro entries if you send him your backup files.

EAA converted my Kitlog log to eaabuilderslog.org.
It went flawlessly, even the pictures and build time got transferred.

Now I make entries on phone, iPad basically any web enabled device. Never looked back.

Back