What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skybolt on the RV-4

Fly2eat

Anyone able to send me a few pictures of their Skybolt layout on your RV-4? My email is [email protected]. I’m getting ready to go final install on my firewall and I know they tie into the lower firewall for sure. Skybolts instruction are kind of vague on the RV-4. Thanks!

Skybolt fasteners on RV-4 cowl

Any pictures of canopy-off detailing the placement of the sky bolt fastener brackets on the firewall vertical edge on left and right would be very much appreciated. David Babcock sent me a couple shots of the finished installation but I cannot tell if he used hinges on the bottom vertical firewall (below cheeks) or sky bolts. It looks like the engine mount is tight there but not so much that the fasteners (at least 3 of them) would work.

I used Skybolts on my 3B. Really like them. Can send you pics

Bob Grigsby

Four zero Eight. 666-6850

Skybolt on my 4

Have Skybolts on my 4. Love'em. Give your 8 some exercise and pop up to Middleton Morey Field C29. 58 nm from Poplar Grove and check mine out. Sorry don't have any photos.
Mark Wyss Five One Three 708 Five Nine Five Four Text works.

Have Skybolts on my 4. Love'em. Give your 8 some exercise and pop up to Middleton Morey Field C29. 58 nm from Poplar Grove and check mine out. Sorry don't have any photos.
Mark Wyss Five One Three 708 Five Nine Five Four Text works.
Thanks Mark! I will take you up on that.

Back