What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Popping noise in the back

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
So I thought the tail was coming off when the rubber fillet on the wing fairing popped loose and started beating the fuse. Problem solved. There is still a popping noise coming from behind me when I reach oh….150kts or so. Thinking it might be the Pax seat back. The builder liked to fly fish so there are some (2) 3” holes behind the pax luggage to carry the rods. Thinking that “through-air” might have Something to do with it. What else have you guys run into?

popping sound

I've had some oil canning issues in the bottom skins in 6 & 7 rr fuselage tail cones. I solved that by installing a stiffening rib between the bulkheads. I can't recall if I had to do the same thing to the 8.

So I thought the tail was coming off when the rubber fillet on the wing fairing popped loose and started beating the fuse. Problem solved. There is still a popping noise coming from behind me when I reach oh….150kts or so. Thinking it might be the Pax seat back. The builder liked to fly fish so there are some (2) 3” holes behind the pax luggage to carry the rods. Thinking that “through-air” might have Something to do with it. What else have you guys run into?

Considering the rubber molding popped loose on the wing, have you checked the molding on the bottom side of the HS?

Back