What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

X Cruze 100

DickF

I’m looking for a link to manuals for the BendixKing xCruze 100 auto pilot. I’ve looked at the BK manual page but am confused as to which is the correct manual. Since its Sunday and many fellow RV’rs have this ap I’m hoping someone can help me out. I need both the install manual and pilots guide.

I’m looking for a link to manuals for the BendixKing xCruze 100 auto pilot. I’ve looked at the BK manual page but am confused as to which is the correct manual. Since its Sunday and many fellow RV’rs have this ap I’m hoping someone can help me out. I need both the install manual and pilots guide.

Here you go: https://www.bendixking.com/en/support/downloads-and-manuals

Or this one: https://www.bendixking.com/content/...7-Vizion-PMA-Autopilot-Operating-Handbook.pdf

xCruze 100

The xCruze100 is basically the same AP as the Vizion385, BUT if memory serves there are differences in how you access the lateral/vertical programming modes. I upgraded from a DigiFlightII VSGV to the xCruze when the internal gyros failed. At the time, manuals for the xCruze were not yet available and from the links posted above, that still seems to be the case (at least not "approved" versions). If I can find my notes on the install, I'll post a follow-up.

The xCruze100 is basically the same AP as the Vizion385, BUT if memory serves there are differences in how you access the lateral/vertical programming modes. I upgraded from a DigiFlightII VSGV to the xCruze when the internal gyros failed. At the time, manuals for the xCruze were not yet available and from the links posted above, that still seems to be the case (at least not "approved" versions). If I can find my notes on the install, I'll post a follow-up.

Here's what I found... I don't have a 6, so the settings I used are almost certainly different from those you will want. I didn't look back to the Vizion385 manual, but know that I found a table of recommended settings somewhere, and that was probably the location. Good luck!

I've been happy with the xCruze. It will fly a coupled approach like the plane is on rails. The only "surprise" was that when I experienced a GPS signal outage (military jamming), the AP wouldn't respond to directions from the EFIS (GRT). No surprise that it would initially start to wander absent a signal, but switching the EFIS AP selection to HEADING rather than GPS didn't do it. I queried GRT, they indicated that their understanding was that it is a limitation of the B-K/Tru-Trak unit itself. If TruTrakAndrew reads this and has a workaround to suggest, that would be much appreciated.

Note: When advancing through parameters, choices will be shown at the bottom of the display. Those choices can be selected by pressing the appropriate knob or button. If the desired option is displayed on the left, press MODE; if in the center, press KNOB; if on the right, press ALT.

To enter programming mode, press/hold KNOB, apply power to AP, release KNOB.

"CONTRAST" will be displayed. Set to desired value by rotating KNOB.

Press ALT to advance to MIN BACKLIGHT; rotate KNOB to select desired value.

Press ALT to display SETUP ENABLE.

Rotate KNOB to select a value of 10, press KNOB to exit.

Press/hold MODE until LAT ACTIVITY is shown, rotate KNOB to desired value.

Press ALT to select that value and advance to next parameter, rotate KNOB to select desired value.

Repeat for subsequent "Lateral" parameters.

Press KNOB to exit Lateral settings and return to home screen.

Press/hold ALT until VRT ACTIVITY is displayed; rotate KNOB to desired value.

Press ALT to select that value and advance to next parameter; rotate KNOB to select desired value.

Repeat for subsequent "Vertical" parameters.

Press KNOB to exit to home screen.

Perform Ground and Flight function checks per appropriate manual.

Back