What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Overnight in Kansas City this weekend

clam

Well Known Member
I am planning to fly my RV-8 into Kansas City this weekend arriving Fri (4/5) and departing Sun (4/7). My son has a wresting tournament at the Silverstein Eye Center Arena. Looking at Lees Summit (KLXT) or East Kansas City (3GV) on the east side of the city.

Anyone in the area have information, recommendations, advice, hangar space etc for either of these?

Thanks
Jeff
email: j b dot fly navy at g ma il dot com

I am planning to fly my RV-8 into Kansas City this weekend arriving Fri (4/5) and departing Sun (4/7). My son has a wresting tournament at the Silverstein Eye Center Arena. Looking at Lees Summit (KLXT) or East Kansas City (3GV) on the east side of the city.

Anyone in the area have information, recommendations, advice, hangar space etc for either of these?

Thanks
Jeff
email: j b dot fly navy at g ma il dot com

Lee's Summit is a great airport with more facilities including the home of EAA chapter 91 who frequently has parking space for transient aircraft of EAA members. You can Google the chapter and contact them from there. There are as many RVs there as about anywhere. Several hotels nearby between there and Silverstein, as well. Have a great trip. I am up in Liberty, a few miles north, if there's anything that I can help you with.

John

Back