What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN364 Thin nuts

ILikePike

Well Known Member
Today, I noticed that bag 2344 of the fuselage kit contains four An364-1032 thin lock nuts. I found where three are used at the base of the control sticks. Where is the fouth used?

The fourth one is to be used when you drop number 3 into that huge crack in the shop floor that is just a tad to narrow to get the magnetic pick down into :D

I figured I would get answers like that.

Seriously, I think Van's is pretty accurate on the hardware counts to keep cost down. I am sure there are extra rivets and maybe some common nuts and washers. But these special thin nuts are used only in special places. I had already inadvertently put some AN365 nuts at the base of the control columns before I realized that the thin nuts were called out there for clearance reasons. It's got me wondering if I made a mistake somewhere else. I found a few of these this nuts on my throttle quadrant but that would not be applicable to the fuselage kit.

This is a great RV-8 trivia question. Drag those plans out and see if you can solve the mystery.

I don't know the answer, but this thread helped me locate the bag with the low profile nuts. Thanks!

Back