What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Auto Pilot Settings RV 12

Jesse23

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a screen shot of your Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain for a RV 12 from the setup menu? Vans has one for the RV 14, but may/may be out of line for the RV 12. I have read the G3X Install Manual and specifically pages 896-902, but an initial base set up would be nice as well to get closer when I am in the air with the test pilot.

Regards,

The RV 12 has a download settings file in the downloads portion of Vans website. Everything you need is there if you are building ELSA. Just load the file per the Vans instructions.

G3X Touch Autopilot Configuration

Does anyone have a screen shot of your Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain for a RV 12 from the setup menu? Vans has one for the RV 14, but may/may be out of line for the RV 12. I have read the G3X Install Manual and specifically pages 896-902, but an initial base set up would be nice as well to get closer when I am in the air with the test pilot.

Regards,

As mentioned, Vans does provide configuration files which you can load directly to your system via SD card. If you have any questions about getting your system set up please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we can help walk you through it.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:
G3X Touch Autopilot Configuration

Justin

Bill is helping me with my RV12 EAB and the file from vans is not the way we setup my 12.

We have most of the thing's setup and working and we need some help with the autopilot servo settings.

Some help with a screen shot of the Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain settings would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joe

As mentioned, Vans does provide configuration files which you can load directly to your system via SD. If you have any questions about getting your system set up please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] and we can help walk you through it.

Thanks,

Justin

Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain

Does anyone have a screen shot of your Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain for a RV 12 from the G3X setup menu?

This would be a big help in setting up my RV12 EAB aircraft.

Please help

Joe Dallas N7944A

Does anyone have a screen shot of your Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain for a RV 12 from the G3X setup menu?

This would be a big help in setting up my RV12 EAB aircraft.

Please help

Joe Dallas N7944A
Joe,

If you look at the various configuration file downloads from Van's download area for the G3X Touch RV12/12iS, you will note that the autopilot configuration files are separate from the base configuration.

You can just download and install the autopilot configuration (and not the base configuration) and it should not affect your configuration outside of the autopilot configuration.

Note that you can save your existing G3X Touch configuration to an SD card before loading this new configuration in case you have a reason to restore the previous configuration.

Here are some of the settings in the Rev. 3 autopilot configuration:

Roll Servo
Max Torque: 100%
Roll Servo Gain: 0.70
Roll Servo Fine Adjust Amount: 0 (disabled)

Pitch Servo
Pitch Servo Gain: 1.30
Fine Adjust Amount: 1
Fine Adjust Time: 0.2
Vertical Speed Gain: 1.0
Vertical Accel Gain: 1.0
Airspeed Gain: 1.0
Airspeed Accel Gain: 1.0
Airspeed Track Gain: 1.0

Steve

Roll/Pitch Servo and Pitch Gain

Thanks Steve

This will be a big help setting up my 12.

Thanks again for taking time to help.

Joe

Joe,

If you look at the various configuration file downloads from Van's download area for the G3X Touch RV12/12iS, you will note that the autopilot configuration files are separate from the base configuration.

You can just download and install the autopilot configuration (and not the base configuration) and it should not affect your configuration outside of the autopilot configuration.

Note that you can save your existing G3X Touch configuration to an SD card before loading this new configuration in case you have a reason to restore the previous configuration.

Roll Servo

Pitch Servo

Steve

Last edited:
Joe,

Roll Servo

Pitch Servo

Steve

Bravo Steve, exactly what we needed to compare our initial settings. I didn't realize there were 2 downloads. I did not want to overwrite Joe's existing config, since his fuel system calibration is totally different from the Plans.

Back