What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mattituck/Lycoming Engine Numbering Question

bkc3921

Well Known Member
I have a Teledyne/Mattituck TMX IO-360 in my 7A, and need a new oil drain tube for the #4 Cylinder (The baffle closure wire almost ate through it by vibration...even wrapped in the plastic tubing....might want to check those..be careful!)

I've looked through my paperwork, and cannot find how this clone is numbered compared to the original Lycoming (i.e Is it an A1A,A1B, etc)...and I am by far NOT an engine expert.

In order to get the exact right part number, I need to be sure of exact "model" of this clone....It's not listed on the data plate either....

I believe the part number may end up being the "73027"..but would like to be sure.

Anyone out there have one that could offer any advice...?

Last edited:
I’ve got the same Mattituck motor and based on the information I got straight from Mahlon when I received it, this motor is equivalent to the Lycoming IO360-M1B

I have a similar serial number vs Lycoming series question about my TMX O-360
My TMX says it it serial number 20-2. Does anyone have an idea what the corresponding Lycoming O-360 dash number might be?

Thank you!

Derek

Back