What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowling choice, EFII

Freemasm

Well Known Member
Any builder with EFII system? What cowling choice and/or
modifications did you do? Got a pretty hard interference. Supplied cowl doesn’t clear valve covers. Would rather buy something than rework and change the aero. Your experience/suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry for the rotates view. Only have a phone with me.

Attachments

• 7ED1CC58-DD0B-4E3B-B6CF-8444B2B41EF7.jpg
    7ED1CC58-DD0B-4E3B-B6CF-8444B2B41EF7.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
What engine and cowling?

What engine and cowling do you have?
I have a IO-375 with standard Van's cowling.
As you can see, the injectors and fuel rail protrude outside the valve covers but the cowling fits. There's not much clearance but it fits.

Attachments

• IMG_6704.jpg
    IMG_6704.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 136
Parallel valve (I)O-370. Except for the injectors, it’s an O360 envelope. My cowling has fairly hard contact on the #2 valve cover. When eyeballing it. It will be more than a massage to get it to fit.

Rocket cowling

Rocket cowlings are a tight fit. If you want a non-standard setup, then you will have to be prepared to adjust your cowling to fit your engine. I would call Vince Frazier and chat with him. You may not be the first person to tackle this. No sense rounding off a square wheel......

maybe

Thinking outside the box a bit, maybe you could use a set of legacy injectors which are installed in the intake tubes...

top injector points

You could mount the injectors in the top injector ports of the cylinder head using SDS hardware.

Attachments

• 7246EFF7-ACB9-4CA7-8544-F7427FF75D29.jpeg
    7246EFF7-ACB9-4CA7-8544-F7427FF75D29.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back